Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let's Try This Again

It's been a while. A long, long while. So much has changed -- well, except that I still haven't lost the baby weight I gained from my now 3 year old daughter, and I added another 5 pounds to the problem over the last year year and a half.

I am just ending the worst calendar year in my existence and cannot wait for this year to come to a close. Stress eating definitely took over as I trudged my way through my Mom's kidney cancer diagnosis, surgery for each of my children, a cross country move, and my Mom's death a month after I moved into my new home.

The Husband also recently had ankle surgery, and from a month of of sitting on the couch unable to move without the assistance of crutches, he's gained some weight from all the snacking he's done to pass the time. So, today we took the plunge and recommitted to Weight Watchers - he online, and my through my Lifetime Membership.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Lifetime Members are now eligible for FREE online eTools with a code given every 8 weeks. That, plus the awesome new scale I bought us, may just be the extra tools I need to stay on track.

I weighed in at 164.8 today. My goal remains 150.

I also committed to running a half marathon in Detroit in October with my friends, so I'm working on a CouchTo5k running program.

Lord knows I need the stress relief that running brings, I'm just not sure how I'm going to really make it up to 13.1 miles when I can barely run 1 mile right now!

No comments: