Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Holy Moly...

We returned to town safe and sound last night after the.longest.trip.ever.

Seriously.

We should have been home on Saturday, but our trip was extended by the unexpected death of my 22 year old cousin, Ryan. He passed early morning on the 19th, only a week after his birthday. My whole family gathered from around the country to cry, laugh, drink and karaoke the pain away. It is such a tragic loss to everyone who knew and loved him...

On a different note:

I somehow managed to only gain 2 pounds on my trip, which is remarkable if you knew how poorly I ate while away. It's not ENTIRELY my fault, but I take full responsibility for it. My husband described it best by saying

"The two year old is going to think the only thing to eat in Michigan is pizza."

Out of two weeks in town, we literally had pizza eight times. All different kids from different places, but pizza eight times can get to be much. We had Hungry Howies, Fat Cat's, Hot 'N Ready, Chuck E. Cheese, and my personal favorite, Buddy's. I would eat Buddy's eight times if I could...mmmm, deep dish...

Anyhoo...

It was difficult to make good choices at home, but maybe the stress of trying to keep my toddler from destroying my grandmother's house full of antiques helped burn some calories. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, that's for sure.

I'm back to the gym tomorrow and getting myself ready for swimsuit season, which is funny. Not funny ha-ha, but funny cause it's already 85 and humid down here and it's only May.

Yikes.

No comments: