Saturday, February 7, 2009

After A Hiatus...

I'm sure you noticed the lack of posting around here for the last couple of weeks. Life bogged me down so much that even the thought of dieting or exercising was enough to make me cry, so I took a brief hiatus. I ate like a fat kid, enjoyed desserts and being lazy -- and it was just what I needed to get back on track.

On Wednesday we joined the YMCA and since then I've been there twice to work out on my own. I'm looking forward to trying to do Zumba, which Rochelle says is like clubbing, and spin classes. I'm also excited to take the kids swimming a few times a week. We got them in the pool already and The Little Little One had a blast, while The Big Little One splashed and kicked like the fish we knew he was.

Since we're on a budget and a new iPod is not in our immediate future, I'm borrowing the Shuffle that I bought The Husband for Christmas a few years ago. I am in the process of putting together a kick-butt Playlist to workout to and this is what I have so far

  • Golddigger - Kayne West ft. Jamie Foxx
  • Cry Me A River - Justin Timberlake
  • SOS - Rihanna
  • Since You've Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
  • Bootylicious - Destiny's Child
  • Just Dance - Lady Gaga
  • Lose Yourself - Eminem
  • If - Janet Jackson
  • Crazy In Love - Beyonce
  • Buttons - PCD
  • Damaged - Danity Kane
  • Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
  • Get Right - Jennifer Lopez
  • I'm a Slave 4 U - Brittney Spears

I'm now ready to do whatever I can to get back into shape. I'm excited for the different classes, I'm excited for an hour alone every few days, and I'm excited to pull out those old jeans in a couple of months to see if I can get them back on.

So, tell me...what's on your workout playlist?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some songs on my workout playlist....

Black Betty - Ram Jam
Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers
L.O.V.E. - Ashlee Simpson
Hey Mama - Black Eyed Peas
Don't Lose My Number - Phil Collins
Love Song - Sara Bareilles
Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf
Jackolanterns Weather - 311
Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder

Hope these help!