Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In & Giving Thanks

Today I weigh - 169.6! That's a loss of 2.2 pounds!!! HELLO 160's! It's been a while! I'm not staying long, though, so don't get used to me!

I'm happy but I'm also disappointed because if I hadn't gone home I probably would've reached my goal of 165 by 11/30. Oh well. We'll see just how close I can get!

And now, watch out for the incoming excuse:

I haven't been able to work out these last couple of days thanks to the fact that my germ infested toddler passed his cold to the rest of us. I guess it's not a horrible excuse because I can't breathe let alone use my aching muscles for more than their normal jobs. My house is a mess and it was all I could do to get out and go Turkey Day grocery shopping this morning, but I did it.

Seeing as how I will be watching my Detroit Lions get smeared on TV tomorrow, and also because I'll be avoiding this blog whilst I stuff my face with food, I wanted to write out a few things that I am thankful for this year:

*The fact that my Mom had a cancer that was completely curable with only the removal of her kidney, and the fact that I was able to be there to nurse her back to health.

*That I was able to conceive another child, carry her to 37.5 weeks gestation, and that she was born totally healthy despite a few in utero scares!

*That The Big Little One is healthy, happy and waaaaay smarter than he should be at this age.

*That I have the love of a fantastic man who adores me, and that I get to wake up and be his wife every day of my life.

*That I have family who I miss so much it hurts.

*That we have absolutely fantastic friends here in Mobile, as well as other places throughout the country, and that the Lord blesses us with people who are our family not by blood, but by heart.

*That we have a wonderful church home with people who cared enough about us to feed us while I was on bedrest, so it was one less thing for us to worry about.

*That The Husband has job security, a paycheck (albeit a small one, it's a paycheck nonetheless), and healthcare ;and that because of these things I am able to be a Stay At Home Mom who watches my kids grow before my eyes.

I wish all who read this blog the Happiest Thanksgiving whatever your plans may be. May God bless each and every one of you.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Well, my PLANS were thwarted by the stomach virus from Hell, but thanks for the warm Turkey day wishes.

Man, congrats on the 160's! You, my friend, are a rock star! I am SO proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Leah I am SO SO SO SO SO proud of you! You are doing an awesome job, and don't let any little bumps in your plan get you down. You are an amazing mom, wife, daughter, sister and friend, and now you are finally doing something for YOU and you should be extremely proud of yourself! I am!!!