Monday, February 20, 2012

Buyers Remorse

On Friday, Patrick and I went and got fitted for new running shoes at our local, non chain, shoe store.  After a scan showing my incredibly high arch, the incredibly helpful employee returned with two pairs of New Balance shoes.  I tried both on and made my choice of the first pair based on his recommendation and the fit. 

I placed them up on the counter without a second thought.  I mean, I WAS using saved tax return money for these shoes so I didn't think twice about asking the price.  I figured they would be around $100-$115, since that's how much my husband's were, and I wasn't really that worried because I had a 10% off coupon.

I almost passed out when my shoes cost $160!  ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY DOLLARS.  My 10% off coupon only saved me the sales tax on both pairs. 

I got in the car and immediately started having buyers remorse.  I love this little shoe store but I have never bought ANY pair of shoes that cost that much money in my life.  I can't bring myself to even take them out of the box and put them on. Surely there has to be a less expensive shoe that can handle my high arches, right?  I don't want to end up hurt from bad shoes, but man, $160 is a lot of money to be running around in.

Should I keep them or not?  My 10 day return period is coming up fast!


No comments: