Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Meals

I have been a cooking fool lately.  Not that I haven't been before, but this time it's different.  I've spent hours scouring the web for the perfect recipes that will satisfy my picky husband (can you say Meat and Potatoes?), my suddenly picky daughter, and my son (who will eat anything put in front of him) all while staying within a reasonable point range.  It's not at all easy.

This week, I turned to Skinnytaste, and I wasn't disappointed -- and neither were my people.  We tried 4 different recipes and I've gotten the green light to add them into our family rotation.

Here's what we tried -

Chicken Rollatini - This was incredible!  I bought the wrong ingredients and mine ended up being more points than hers, but it was totally worth it.  I served it with a side of High Fiber pasta and a spinach salad.

Crockpot Turkey Meatballs - These were so delicious.  Not at all dried out for a turkey meatball.  I used jar sauce from Trader Joe's because we're trying to avoid canned tomatoes and I already needed them for a different recipe this week.

Chicken & Mushrooms in White Wine Garlic Sauce -  This was one of those meals that I wish I could eat all day long.  It was worth the work.  I served it with a side of Baked Rice.  ( I didn't have peas, so it was just rice -- and I will never serve plain rice with soy sauce again.)

Pollo in Pottachio - This was a little labor intensive, but only because I had to cut the skins off the thighs myself along with the other steps.  Plus, I got to use my brand new Dutch Oven for the first time! 

My menu plan is set only until Tuesday, so I'll be spending more time looking for new recipes, but I'm sure that Skinnytaste will be where I end up! 





No comments: