Thursday, April 2, 2009

Issues with Commitment

I think my prayers have been answered this week.

I have been dying to join another gym so that I can get that much needed time away from the house and kids, but I can't justify the places that want you to sign a contract for 2 years. That's just too much of a commitment, and I just know that as soon as I've signed the line, some kind of excuse will come up and I won't go and I'll lose money.

And I hate losing money. A lot.

The gym right up the street from my house, Planet Fitness, is having a promotion right now to join for $1.

That's cheaper than a pop. Or soda, for those of you who are not from the Midwest.

It would be $10 a month to go and the greatest part is THERE'S NO COMMITMENT. I can justify the $10 a month if it means I don't have to give them any money beyond what I can handle for the time being.

It does sound a little like I'm setting myself up to quit already, but honestly, we used to pay for a membership to Bally's for a loooooong time and never went, so I know what a waste a contract is. It's in the best interest of the gym, I'm sure, because people have good intentions and never end up going, but I gotta look out for my budget.

Now, the gym doesn't have childcare, which is fine after what happened at my last gym, and there's no pool, but it really doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad that I'll have an escape a few times a week cause the pressure of being 24/7 Mom is taking it's toll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! This sounds perfect...you can go work out, and get a small, much needed break from the house, kids, and just have time for YOU!