Friday, February 27, 2009

There Goes That Idea...

I am disappointed to report that we've had to cancel our membership to the Y this week. The long and the short of it is that the first time I used their childcare, I was very worried about the set up. There were too many kids, not enough help, and no way to identify parent to child. After leaving The Little Little One in there for only a few minutes, I was so worried that I had to return to check on her. When I returned to the area I discovered that someone had taken my daughter from the nursery room where I left her and had her behind the front desk instead. When I called to voice my displeasure with what happened, the woman in charge of the childcare argued with me, blamed the incident on my baby, and then proceeded to hang up on me.

I am so extremely bummed out because I was finally getting somewhere with my fitness and was feeling good about it; however, I take the safety and security of my children very seriously and I'm not willing to part ways with that notion just to get in a workout.

So. I start over in the exercise department. Since the mornings are getting a little warmer, I may start walking/jogging with the kids. And I guess I'll go back to letting Jillian Michaels kick my arse.

I forgot to report that I weighed in last Saturday at 164.8. I've done pretty good on the program this week, but had a slip up on the day of the "incident" at the Y. I got back on track yesterday and am hoping to be down this week.

2 comments:

Mary H. said...

I read about your Y incident and was livid along with you! I still can't believe it!

Congrats on the weight, though. I'm sure with the warmer weather, we'll all be outside more!

Mrs. S said...

WOW! I would be beside myself upset!! I have been a member of two different Y's before and they both had excellent childcare so I am shocked to hear that this one was so awful! And she ARGUED (!!) with you!? I hope you got your money back!