Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday

Happy Sin Day! :)

Today is Fat Tuesday, and for once I'm feeling anything but fat. I dragged my tired rear to the gym last night after the kids went down (yay for early bedtimes!), and worked out for an hour. I really enjoy having an hour to myself to jam to teeny bopper music on the iPod and try to get this flab under control. It's the only time during the week that I think about myself and have no worries.

I have been trying to decide what to give up for Lent this year. I tossed around the idea of coffee, but there's no friggin way I could survive a morning without it after 4 nighttime wakings, so that's out. I thought about giving up anything processed, but sometimes I need that FiberOne bar when I've forgotten breakfast on my way out the door, so that's out, too.

I've decided to go for it and give up sugar. Candy, cookies, ice cream, cake -- you name it. I'm giving it up for 40 days. The only thing I will be allowed to have is gum -- the sugar free kind, of course. Oh, and I am still taking Splenda/Equal in my coffee - since it's fake sugar.

I've tried to do this a few times, but this year I'm committed. I'm getting stronger in my walk with Jesus and it's important to me that I do something to show Him how serious I am about it.

My next venture is to track down and find some good gym workouts to do. Right now I'm just wandering aimlessly from machine to machine, doing 2 sets of 12 reps on whatever one I can figure out how to use.

Yeah, I'm "That Girl".

No comments: