Friday, January 16, 2009

What A Week...

Nothing can ever be easy, can it?

This week has been overloaded with 2 year old tantrums, a 5 month old who moved into her own room and was refusing to sleep, a husband getting up at 4:30am to go swim after not hearing the aforementioned 5 month old cry all night, and an overwhelmed, exhausted and cranky mother who just felt like running away.

Thankfully, the 5 month old only woke up twice last night and managed to put herself back to sleep within seconds, so the overwhelmed, exhausted and cranky mother was able to get a decent night's sleep for the first time in a week.

There were times these last few days that I didn't sit down and count my points, so I am not sure how many of my extra points I actually have left, but I didn't fall off the deep end and go totally off track. The other day we went to Chuck E. Cheese's for a playdate, and I managed to stay in control and not scarf down all of the large pizza since the kids were too busy paying to eat and Rochelle can actually step away from the food when she wants to.

My newest addiction, in addition to my morning coffee, is frozen fruit and yogurt. Well, the fruit is only frozen when it's pulled out cause I thaw it in the microwave - but the frozen fruit is much cheaper this time of year than the fresh stuff, and it tastes just as good. I actually look forward to it to help me start my day.

Hopefully my weigh in on Monday won't be horrible after a couple days of no tracking, but we'll have to see. My husband told me last night what a beautiful difference I've made in myself with all this hard work. That, alone, was proof to me that all of this is worth it.

1 comment:

Mrs. S said...

Aw Leah! You have your hands so full, I remember that age! Good luck with getting your little little one to stay asleep... Hopefully it will get easier as she gets more used to it. =)

Miss you!