Tuesday, January 6, 2009

On a roll...

I'm really in a groove now, I gotta tell ya. I'm loving the new WW program, especially because I'm straight up addicted to Provolone cheese at the moment. It's a "filling food" and I don't even feel guilty that I used 4 of my points today just to eat two slices.

I made an un-WW baked ziti for dinner tonight for the first time. It was so good that I couldn't stop eating it. I managed to eat 15 points just in pasta alone. (I'm avoiding the fridge since there are leftovers in there and I just want to eat the whole pan...)

I'm sitting here watching Winona Judd on TV talking about how Alli has made her make better food choices. I practically chucked my slipper at her when she said "I've been doing this long enough to know what doesn't work, and Alli helps me to look at food in a healthy way."

Sha right, Winona. A pill helps you see food differently. Oh-kay.

I tried some crap pills right before my wedding day, and it was no fun. I tried the shake diets. I tried the crash diets. I tried not even eating at all. NONE of it worked until I found Weight Watchers.

It's not about needing SOMETHING to help you, it's about helping yourself. Like now - I can literally hear that pan of ziti calling my name, but I am ignoring it. A pill didn't make me choose not to eat it, *I* did.

Gah. Weightloss gimmicks make me ill.

No comments: