Friday, December 5, 2008

Progress...

I am so thankful for friends who are as excited about losing weight and exercise as I am. Because of that, I've been able to do my Shred workout everyday since Tuesday! WOO HOO! Rochelle and I curse the TV during the whole workout - but we're doing it, and I'm already seeing a difference.

In fact, as I was leaving her house yesterday, Rochelle told me that my butt looked smaller to her. (Friends can check each other out and it's okay...no worries.) Of course, I can't take a compliment, so I came home to see if she was right.

Back in October, I signed up on Self for one of their workout plans (never did it). I had to enter my measurements and weight to start. I didn't take any other measurements when I started back on WW a few weeks later, so this is what I have to go by:

Weight: 180
Waist: 38 inches
Hips: 46 inches
Oy vey.
My current measurements, as of yesterday, give me a lot of hope that at least I'm making some changes!
Weight: 169
Waist: 34 inches
Hips:42 inches
WOO HOO! Progress, baby. Progress!
I'm not totally there yet, but at least there has been a significant change in my body and for that I'm ecstatic. Hard work DOES pay off in the end.
I know my body will never go back to what it was BC (Before Children), but I'm okay with that. I actually like a little curve in my hips and a rounder derriere. I could do without the massive amount of stretchmarks on my belly, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. I'm not all about showing off my midsection at (almost) 30 anyway.
So, I'll keep this up and do what I do. I plan on rewarding myself with a kick-butt outfit for my husband to take me out in, so I shop every few days for something to keep my motivation up. I'll share my finds another day, but for now, I must get ready to go Shred with my skinny friend.
Here's to PROGRESS!

1 comment:

Tigerlilly said...

Wow! Look at the HUGE difference on the scale AND in the measurements! Good goin!