Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day #11

Well, I survived Halloween without too much damage to my Flex Points bank. It was extremely hard to sit at the table and comb through each piece The Big Little One got and not indulge myself. That's not to say that I didn't - because I certainly did - but I didn't over do it and I am proud of my self control. Halloween candy sizes are definitely good for portion control! A super small snickers isn't going to kill my diet, takes care of my chocolate craving for the moment and won't take 30 hours of cardio to get rid of.

I think the sweet tooth gene that I struggle with runs in my family. My Dad never ate sweets while he was drinking, but when he got sober the man couldn't survive a day without a bowl of Moose Tracks ice cream. While living with my Mom and taking care of her after her kidney removal, I got much accustomed to eating a bowl of ice cream or a bar every night as our reward for making it through another day. I guess I come by it naturally, but unfortunately I wasn't blessed with my Dad's metabolism and I fight the same battles with my weight that my Mom does. Damn those genes.

I am starting to notice a difference in my body already after losing only a few pounds. I "officially" started back at 174.4, but I was stuck at 178 for a long time before that, so the 6 pound difference from a month ago shows itself in the size of my post-baby belly. Unfortunately, it's not a pretty sight. I can see that there will be much skin left over after my weight is gone and it will be saggy and disgusting and gross. I have seriously contemplated getting a tummy tuck, but I'm going to give good ol' fashioned exercise a good long time to work before I start begging and pleading with the husband to take me to the plastic surgeon.

Ah, I should have appreciated my size 4 flat abs when I had them.

Damn that karma.

Why is it that we can be so hard on ourselves that even when a size 4 is starting back from the mirror we still think we are inadequate? Self image is something I have always struggled with, and part of my journey is to learn how to love myself so that I *NEVER* put these kinds of issues into my precious daughter's head.

I'm giving a few of our old favorite WW recipes some new life in our weekly menus. The husband actually likes my internet finds and will ask for some of them on occasion. Tomorrow I will make Crockpot Fiesta Chicken with a side of FF refried beans and Light Tostitos.

Crockpot Fiesta Chicken

1 Lb. boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 C Salsa (heat of your choice)
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
1/4 C FF Sour Cream

Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Add chicken and sprinkle with Taco Seasoning packet. Top chicken with salsa and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. Prior to serving, remove chicken from liquid (I also scrape the salsa back into the liquid) and set aside. Mix Cornstarch with small amount of water in separate cup (I usually use 1 - 2 Tbsp). Pour mixture back into crockpot. Add Sour Cream and stir until mixture is smooth. Add chicken back in and heat until warm again.

WW Points per serving = 4

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm going to have to add that recipe to our rotation in the next few weeks. My hubby LOVES anything mexican.