Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Weigh Day

Surprisingly enough, this morning I am weighing in at 157.4!  I'm down a half a pound despite two days of complete junk eating, and an insatiable appetite to eat anything in sight thanks to the approach of my girly times.  I'm thankful to have my weekly Flex Points back after using them all up in the first 2 days of my week.  It is really hard to stay on track when you start the week off on a bad note!

My life finally gets back to normal today.  After 7 weeks of having Patrick home from work and recovering from ankle surgery, he went back this morning.  While the first few weeks were brutal (and a blur at this point), once he was up and hobbling around at week 5, he was able to keep the kids home with him while I ran errands, etc.  Part of the reason his surgeon gave him so much time off of work is because he has to commute via bus and the bus drops him off over 2 blocks from his building.  All the walking plus the fact that it was winter and snow/ice could cause a bad spill made her very cautious, which is hilarious because it snowed only twice before today, and now winter is finally starting after 40-50 degree temps for the last month and a half! 

I had a disappointing day of 6,700 steps yesterday and I now know that in order to reach my goal of 10,000, I am going to have to exercise even if I can't get to the gym to get on the treadmill.  I decided that on days I can't make an exercise class or a run work, I'm going to strap on my tennies and run up and down my stairs for 5-10 minutes and see what that does for my count. 

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

You've made some minor slips but it sure sounds like you are still on track and fully committed to the program. Congratulations of the distance you have covered so far. I know you'll reach your goal. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Leah said...

Thanks, Mary! I appreciate your encouragement!!