Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Excuses

My original plan for today included a trip to the Y this evening for my first Zumba class in two weeks.  My favorite instructor only teaches on Tuesday nights and I didn't want to miss her.  (She is my favorite instructor because she plays more "Booty Music", as I so lovingly call it, and it reminds me of my days as the only white cheerleader dancing on the gym floor at our amazing pep rallies...but I digress.)

My plan was thwarted early this morning when I was told my only option for getting my son in for an appointment for this eczema thing was at 7:45 tonight.  And, instead of going to the gym after I drove all the way over there just to find out they gave me the 7:45 AM appointment for tomorrow on accident, I just came home. 

Excuses, excuses, excuses.



I set goals for January yesterday, and one of them was "Go to gym 4x per week to train for Half Marathon", which now means I HAVE to go the next 4 days in a row.  I'm not exactly sure how to fit it in, but fit it in I must.  I need to train for this race and I'm not going to be able to do it from the couch, despite my strongest wishes to be able to do so.  I mean, I have to run 13.1 miles, and as of this moment, I can't even run ONE.

I see a lot of proper time management in my future in order to fit this all in with two kids in school at two different times, plus babysitting a friend's two kids once a week, MOPS, ballet class, story time and everything else on my plate. 

But, I thrive on scheduling, so maybe this is a good thing for me.  At least, I'll pretend it's a good thing...for now.  :)

No comments: