Monday, October 5, 2009

Cabin Fever

I have literally been in this house for almost a week due to the fact that The Little Little One picked up some virus that came with a fever and a rash. And although the fever only lasted 24-ish hours, the rash lasted until today, so we couldn't go anywhere.

And then, of course, today The Big Little One woke up with the same fever and rash.

Ugh.

It is always inevitable that all hell will break loose when my husband isn't home, and despite mine and Dora, Diego, Oliva & Blue's best efforts to keep him still, The Big Little One wanted to play like he was well all day.

I am happy to say, though, that I have been able to work out at least 3x per week for the past month. I started with Slim in 6 and have thrown in The 30 Day Shred again for some change of pace Because of this, I'm down to 158.2 as of this morning, and I'm just going to keep plugging along until I get to my goal.

It was a year ago that I started this weight loss journey, and I'm still trying to shed the last few pounds, but I really haven't given it my all, so I have no one to blame but myself.

I'm not sorry, though, because most of my time is spent chasing after two beautiful kids who lift my spirits up even on the toughest days. Like, today, for example, when The Big Little One wanted me to lean in again so he could give me one more eskimo kiss before bed and said "Sleep tight, Mommy! I love you!"

Be still my (arrythmia) beating heart....

It's all worth it.

No comments: